Tuesday 2 October 2012

Sand Pits....my nemesis

I hate sand.  Hate it with a passion.  I was first introduced to it last year at the Woolastook race.  There are two sandpits - the first being a slight uphill with a 90 turn, with a slight dip at the end - about 40-50 ft in length.  The other was thru a beach volleyball court - straight, but deep with lots of ruts.  The volleyball court I could handle, but for the life of me, the 90 degree bend was my downfall - literally.  I must have went over the bars twice - wrapping the course tape around my bike and driving a wooden stake thru my spokes.  Not to mention it was a prime spectating spot - lots of laughs and pictures.

I hope to do better this year.  Need to let the bike steer itself and not fight it - also less weight on the saddle, let the bike slither underneath me.  We'll see how that goes.

In the mean time, some sand pit carnage from Gloucester Day 2.  Congrats to Brian, Rod, and Ben from the Radical Edge squad for a great race.

http://bigbikesmedia.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/249763-2012-Gran-Prix-of-Gloucester/video/657206-Cat-3-Beach-Sand-Mayhem-Montage-Gloucetser-Day-2

No comments:

Post a Comment